Our Committee members are volunteers who have a Myositis disease and a close interest in the subject. The Committee is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Association as per its Constitution.
Their role is not only to ensure all legal and financial obligations are met but that the Objects of the Association are followed and the Principal Activities are done.
Social Media Manager
Committee Member & Victorian Coordinator
State and Regional Coordinators
NEW SOUTH WALES
Marg Doherty & Celia McCormick
South Western Victoria
Gordon & Robyn Burnett
Hervey Bay Area (B.A.M.G)
SA Myositis Community News Editor
Objects of the Association
- Provide an association where people suffering from the same condition can come together, exchange ideas and gain help and assistance, from other members.
- Promote Myositis awareness to the general public.
- Actively promote medical research by fundraising.
- Provide funding, for appropriate research via suitable bodies.
- Arrange suitable venues or online opportunities where people can interact or gather to meet, exchange ideas and learn more about Myositis.
- Provide a newsletter with news such as medical/research updates, general news, members’ stories and contact details.
- Provide a recording/materials of any seminars that are held.
- Fundraising to meet the Objectives of the Association.